Courses and workshops with seatree
We love to work with both individuals and groups to encourage creativity and self expression. Many of the courses and events we run are commissioned directly, so if you are interested in booking a course for yourself, your family, your friends, or your community group then the simplest way is to either give us a ring or to contact us here.
Both Michaela and Chris have extensive experience of working with groups, both as artists and in their former careers. Whether you are looking for a beginner’s course, something for the kids or poetry workshops, you will be in safe hands.
Here are a few examples of workshops we run;
- Beginner’s course;three workshops covering basic introduction to working with clay; preparation, handling, firing, glazing.
- Full day courses; we can plan a day for complete beginners, or for those interested in furthering their skills. In a day you will typically be able to do some work on textures and techniques then try them out on at least one piece.
- Half day/evening courses; We tend to plan these around specific projects; creating a mug, a wind chime, pinch pots or something of your choice.Add
- Family celebrations; Get the family together and make something together. Perhaps a mosaic marking a significant event? We can fire, glaze and frame your work to make something that will last.
- Poetry workshops; Take some time out to immerse yourself in words. Typically this will involve reading, talking about the shape of poetry, writing and sharing.
- Poetry and clay; A day exploring words and putting them into clay. This is something we specialise in and so it seemed an obvious thing to share with others.
Book early to secure a place!
Pottery with mum Saturday 6th April 2-4pm £50 Make a mug (well, actually a tea cup and saucer) with mum for mothers day! Click here to book.
Teen times two sessions, 09/03, 23/03 10-12 am £12 per session. Contact us to book
Kids n Clay Next block will be two sessions – Friday 22nd and Friday 29th March – £20 for the two sessions per child (4.00-5.30pm) Contact us to book.
(The Kids n Clay sessions run regularly – contact us to find out more.)
Pottery evening class £25 per session
Join us on Wednesday evenings to learn new skills in making and decorating clay, work on your own projects and learn about pottery from clay to firing a kiln. We promise to keep sessions relaxed and fun. Contact us to book a regular place or to come along for a one-off session. 7-9pm.
(Special offer – if you book ten sessions, you will only pay for nine.)
Beach combing, poetry and pottery. £80 20 Apr 2019 10:00 AM NOW FULLY BOOKED (contact us if you would like to be involved in the next one)
Enjoy a day to reflect, write and create…
We will head to the beach to fill our pockets with treasures and our minds with calm…
Back at the garden studio, we will help you put together some thoughts and a few lines of poetry…
After a simple, homemade lunch from our garden, we will head back to the studio to put those words and thoughts into a clay piece – maybe a picture, a bowl or a wee sculpture…
Costs cover refreshments, lunch and all tuition and pottery costs including firing. Postage costs may be extra if required for the finished pieces.
IN THE PIPELINE… We are planning these things- more information to come.
A day of pottery and food with Scottish Wild Picnics. Saturday May 11th.
For more information- get in touch, either using our contact page
or by telephone (01369 830625).
Or you could come and see us- Southview, Wyndham Road, Innellan, Argyll, PA23 7SH