Courses and workshops with seatree
We love to work with both individuals and groups to encourage creativity and self expression. Many of the courses and events we run are commissioned directly, so if you are interested in booking a course for yourself, your family, your friends, or your community group then the simplest way is to either give us a ring or to contact us here.
Both Michaela and Chris have extensive experience of working with groups, both as artists and in their former careers. Whether you are looking for a beginner’s course, something for the kids or poetry workshops, you will be in safe hands.
Here are a few examples of workshops we run;
- Beginner’s course;three workshops covering basic introduction to working with clay; preparation, handling, firing, glazing.
- Full day courses; we can plan a day for complete beginners, or for those interested in furthering their skills. In a day you will typically be able to do some work on textures and techniques then try them out on at least one piece.
- Half day/evening courses; We tend to plan these around specific projects; creating a mug, a wind chime, pinch pots or something of your choice.Add
- Family celebrations; Get the family together and make something together. Perhaps a mosaic marking a significant event? We can fire, glaze and frame your work to make something that will last.
- Poetry workshops; Take some time out to immerse yourself in words. Typically this will involve reading, talking about the shape of poetry, writing and sharing.
- Poetry and clay; A day exploring words and putting them into clay. This is something we specialise in and so it seemed an obvious thing to share with others.
Kids n Clay – the next sessions are:
Friday 25th October 4.00-5.30pm – £12 to make six personalised Christmas decorations (we can arrange for extra ones to be made at £2 each). – three places available
Block of three sessions; Fridays 8th, 15th, 22nd November – £36 for the three sessions to make Christmas gifts for the family – plan a list with the kids before they come. – four places available
The Kids n Clay sessions run regularly in small blocks so let us know if you would like to go on the mailing list.
Sessions for grown-ups – coming up…
Friday 4th October 7.30pm – making Christmas decorations
£35 makes 8 decorations (£3 for any extra decs) – five places available
Saturday 5th October 1.15-3.15pm – making for Christmas
£35 to make a gift, tags, decorations or tealight holders – only one space available
Friday 6th December – make a beautiful bowl
£30 for a relaxing evening with clay – contact us to book
We will soon be looking at planning a beginner’s course again – the chance to learn new skills in making and decorating clay, work on your own projects and learn about pottery from clay to firing a kiln. We promise to keep sessions relaxed and fun. Contact us to express an interest and let us know which days/times suit you. Sessions are £30 for two hours. If you book ahead for ten sessions, the discount would be £25 per session.
We might just have enough lovely weather left to arrange another beach combing, poetry and pottery day – £85 per person – a day to reflect, write and create…We will head to the beach to fill our pockets with treasures and our minds with calm…Back at the garden studio, we will help you put together some thoughts and a few lines of poetry… Costs cover refreshments, tuition and pottery costs including firing. A simple lunch from our garden produce can be offered for £5 extra and postage costs will be extra if needed. After lunch, we will head back to the studio to put those words and thoughts into a clay piece – maybe a picture, a bowl or a wee sculpture… If you can gather three friends with you, we can arrange a date with you.
For more information- get in touch, either using our contact page
or by telephone (01369 830625).
Or you could come and see us- Southview, Wyndham Road, Innellan, Argyll, PA23 7SH